Sunday, March 4, 2012

In My Mailbox #1



Illumine by Alivia Anders

For the past five months Essallie Hanley has been trying to forget about the frightening murder of her boyfriend. Haunted by vivid nightmares and hallucinations of the event she does anything she can to pretend she's like every other normal girl in High School.





Only Essallie is far from normal. Able to conjure blue fire and a shimmering silhouette of wings from her body, she seeks the only known solace left to her name; her first home in Belfast, Maine.

But she soon realizes that her return home is only the beginning of a long and twisted road taking her as far from her humanity as possible, with Kayden, the demon originally summoned to slaughter her, leading the way. Unable to touch her but oddly curious, he joins Essallie in her search to find out just what she is. But neither of them were prepared for the secrets they've begun to unravel, secrets that will change Essallie and everyone around her forever.

So technically I got this in my inbox. :) It was a lovely prize from Steph for her 50 Followers Giveaway on her blog Bookfever.





Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.


Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.


The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.


In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.


I won a copy of Fever in a Twitter Giveaway by @Bpoelle.

8 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read Fever, Loved Wither! Illumine looks awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie was really excited about Fever when she read it so I'm hoping it will be really good. :)

      Delete
  2. Great set! I can't wait to read Fever. I hope you love it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Illumine sounds really good. Love the cover. I need to get Fever asap! I really loved Wither.

    happy reading and enjoy them! <3

    My The I’m-Thrilled-IMM Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved fever and hope you do too. I'm a new follower, if you wanna see my IMMB or follow back
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and I'll be following you back for sure. :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and meeting you guys so leave me a message, :)