Thursday, September 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday #6

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Stephanie @Bookfever and Christina @Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!

~

Blood and Chocolate
by
Annette Curtis Klause

Vivian Gandillon relishes the change, the sweet, fierce ache that carries her from girl to wolf. At sixteen, she is beautiful and strong, and all the young wolves are on her tail. But Vivian still grieves for her dead father; her pack remains leaderless and in disarray, and she feels lost in the suburbs of Maryland. She longs for a normal life. But what is normal for a werewolf?
Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meat-boy. Aiden is kind and gentle, a welcome relief from the squabbling pack. He’s fascinated by magic, and Vivian longs to reveal herself to him. Surely he would understand her and delight in the wonder of her dual nature, not fear her as an ordinary human would.
Vivian’s divided loyalties are strained further when a brutal murder threatens to expose the pack. Moving between two worlds, she does not seem to belong in either. What is she really—human or beast? Which tastes sweeter—blood or chocolate?


I still remember that after I moved a few years ago this was one of the first books I discovered at my library after having read one of Klause's other books, The Silver Kiss. Blood and Chocolate is one of those short and sweet '90s books which give you thrills but aren't so flippin' long and I loved this for the werewolves that are actually wolves, not monstrous things. The book is much better than what they did to the movie and is pretty much the complete opposite of how the movie went.

 Quote 

“I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, one as hated as the other.”

 Question of the Week: 

If you were given a free airline ticket with a destination of your own choice, where would you go? And what book would you take with you?

I would love to go to England, it seems like such an interesting country and I think I would take Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare with me.

1 comment:

  1. That books seems familiar to me... hmm... But great pick!

    Reading CA in England, hoping to run into Jem? ;D

    Thanks for participating again, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and meeting you guys so leave me a message, :)